Clogged pores, blackheads, occasional pimples, oiliness. A skin situation that troubles 35% of the worldwide population, aging from 15 up to 40 years old!
These numbers are rising even more in Latin America and Asia, and especially regarding teenagers and men.
Frequent reasons that cause oiliness with acne bursts are the hormonal changes.
During the teenage period the overproduction of androgens – male hormones – leads to greater sebum discharge and, combined with the rapid rate of cell renewal, to clogging of pores and generation of acne.
Even during pregnancies, the high activity of sebaceous glands results in the sudden appearance of acne, even in women that never faced such problems.
Additionally, environmental factors, such as atmospheric pollution and the sun have been proven to negatively impact the skin, as the floating particles of dust and smog become attached to the skin and intrude in the pores, and clogging them.
Stress is another fundamental cause; high stress levels lead to a rise in cortisol, and as a result the sebaceous glands are stimulated, there is an overproduction of sebum, and acne appears on the skin.
YOUTH LAB. has created a Special Range for oily / prone to acne skin, that consists of active ingredients and complexes with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory action that function instantly, while they leave the skin hydrated. The keratolytic action of salicylic acid combined the anti-germ and soothing properties of organic extracts, while a complex of polysaccharides repels the attachment of harmful microorganisms aiming to the long-term balance of oily / prone to acne skin.
Let’s see, step by stem, how we should take care of our skin and how to choose the right products for us:
- It all begins with the right cleansing… What does this mean? We want a deep skin cleansing 2-3 times a day, to wash away excess of sebum, germs, and makeup. Deep cleansing does NOT mean that the skin has to “dry up” – this means that the dead cells on the skin’s surface have “dried” from the “aggressive” cleansers. As a result they attract sebum and bacterium, leading to more pimples and blackheads. Another unwanted effect of “aggressive” cleansers is that they encourage oily skin to produce more sebum! YOUTH LAB.’s Blemish Cleansing Foam ensures a deep cleansing with a complex of polysaccharides that blocks the attachment of germs on the skin, creating a protective film around it. Combined with the antibacterial complex from undecylenic acid and glycine it controls oiliness, while it soothes and moisturizes the skin with the sage extract, betaine, and aminoacid arginine it contains.
- Masks play an important role and need to be applied 2-3 times a week. With prevalent ingredients salicylic and glycolic acid, YOUTH LAB.’s Cleansing Radiance Mask cleanses, washing away dead cells and blackheads, tightens dilated pores and balances levels of oiliness with the mushroom extract it contains, while an organic extract with action similar to cortisol soothes any irritations.
Alternatively you can use the YOUTH LAB.’s Candy Scrub & Mask when there are no pimples. It is a mild exfoliator with non-irritative perlite & cellulose grains, salicylic acid, and mushroom extract, and at the same time offers deep hydration with they hyaluronic acid it contains.
- In order to face blemish inflammations and breakouts, choose our Blemish Dots. These innovative, transparent patches, reduce blemish size and blackheads, while soothing and protecting skin even below make up.
- The “myth” that oily skin doesn’t need a hydrating cream is brought down! The combination, oily, or prone to acne skin is dehydrated because it has an excess of sebum and not water, and its efforts in keeping moisture levels high it produces even more oils! We choose oil-free hydrating creams, not “heavy” combinations, that at the same time are setting, so that they balance oiliness, and soothe any irritations of the skin. YOUTH LAB.’s Balance Mattifying Cream belongs in that category. Thanks to the complex of wild yam, licorice, zing & azelaic acid, it has a setting action of the skin that is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, it soothers, hydrates, and protects with: glycyrrhetic acit, oligopeptide, hyaluronic acid, betaine, and vitamin F. Another composition, that also helps in controlling oiliness and acts as a balladeur, before using hydrating cream and during the day above makeup, is the Check-Matte Solution, awarded for its innovative action. It is a solution in a compact case that is applied by softly tapping on the skin with the sponge provided. Its synthesis included salicylic acid to deeply cleanse pores, it absorbs oiliness, leaving a matt look that lasts for hours, it moisturizes with the Second Skin Matrix® complex (from hyaluronic acid, trehalose, urea, serine, etc.) and offers protection from toxins with vitamin E.
- Finally, we suggest a sunscreen with zinc oxide which leave a matt look on the skin – not to mention that zinc is an organic antibacterial ingredient and so it is ideal for acne breakouts. YOUTH LAB.’s Oily Compact Cream SPF 50 is a sunscreen of that type, in a compact makeup form, and it consists of organic filters. You can find it in three shades – light, medium, and dark.